Sunday, November 26, 2006

No More Apologies

Longtime friends know what a fan I am of the first 2 seasons of Miami Vice. Since Michael Mann hit the big time, I no longer feel the need to apologize for it. I’m thrilled that SleuthTV is replaying them in order. I have just stumbled on an episode that guest stars Viggo Mortensen, Annette Bening, and Lou-Diamond Phillips, and PHILLIPS is given the place of honor as the last guest star with that little special "and Lou-Diamond." Next up came the ep with story by Dick Wolf, guesting Melanie Griffith, Veronica Cartwright, George Takei, and Bill Boggs. It’s the Love Boat of the crime set.

2 comments:

Tim F said...

Poor Lou-Diamond. The Joey Bishop of the 80s Brat Pack. Even C. Thomas Howell pretended to be out when he called.

Anonymous said...

Miami Vice hired actors? Are you sure? I thought they blew their budget on peach colored t-shirts and music rights for rockin’ Phil Collins songs.
In ‘84 I was once greeted at the Eastern Airline baggage claim for the NY-Miami shuttle by a limo driver with a cardboard sign reading “Miami Vice”. Come to think of it I’m pretty sure the driver WAS Phil Collins. If my feeble memory serves me right, Phil also acted and worked as a grip on the show. Smart move on Mann’s part to hire someone who could afford his own peach colored t-shirts.