Wednesday, August 15, 2007


I am doing a little home improvement, in the kitchen. Not as involved as many do, hoping to keep the cost and confusion to a minimum. It is a privilege of the middle clases to be able to refresh one's living space. I need to pick up the prolific Witold Rybczynski's Home: A Short History of an Idea, for a little context and perspective. In the meantime, it's all about the Depot.


blue girl said...

Good luck redecorating, MA. Have fun. Try not to stress.

Is that little shot up there a door knocker? It's *gorgeous.*

I love stuff like that. The little things that never (at least to me) go unnoticed and add to the overall feel of a *home.*

Drawer pulls, light switch plates, faucets, light fixtures. I just love all that kind of stuff.

Anyway -- enjoy the remaking of MA Central!