And so Tim offers a new film meme that he picked up.
Speaking of the convention, am I the last person to notice the Me-Me of meme? C'est la vie. (Kind of like Dr. Neil Tyson tweeting the other day, is he the last person to know that Torchwood is an anagram of Doctor Who.)
1. Movie you love with a passion.
Lawrence of Arabia. Lean produced an excellent visualization of T.E. Lawrence’s Seven Pillars of Wisdom, capturing its scope and romanticism beautifully.
2. Movie you vow to never watch.
Monty Python’s Life of Brian. My father asked me not to see it. He didn’t ask much of me, so it was easy to comply. Then he died. Made it even easier to uphold the promise.
3. Movie that literally left you speechless.
Born Free. I saw it when I was very young, when it was first shown on TV. Maybe 1970? I cried and cried and couldn’t speak.
4. Movie you always recommend.
Richard Lester’s The Three Musketeers (and Four Musketeers). You don’t have to be a Dumas fan to love Oliver Reed (Athos) Frank Finlay (Porthos) Richard Chamberlaine (Aramis) Michael York (D’Artagnan) Charleton Heston (Richelieu) and Faye Dunaway as Milady.
5. Actor/actress you always watch, no matter how crappy the movie.
Jeremy Brett. I stayed up to 4:00 am one night many years ago with the BFF watching Secret of Gull Island because Brett was in it.
6. Actor/actress you don’t get the appeal for.
Roger Moore’s James Bond
7. Actor/actress, living or dead, you’d love to meet.
Laurence Olivier. Egotist of the highest order, but he had a distinctive intellect about acting.
8. Sexiest actor/actress you’ve seen (with picture). Yes, both of them.
9. Dream cast.
Casablanca. Each part is exquisitely portrayed.
10. Favorite actor pairing.
Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman. Notorious is the sexiest movie ever.
12. Favorite decade for movies
The 1930s. The white satin dressing gowns alone clench it.
13. Chick flick or action movie?
Chick flicks. Although my guilty pleasure film is 1994’s action flick The Specialist, with Stallone, James Woods, Sharon Stone, and Rod Steiger. There’s a lot of heat there and I love the plot.
14. Hero, villain or anti-hero?
All three: Severus Snape (Probably will change once HP&TDH part 2 fades from memory).
15. Black and white or color?
Black and white. The rough edges of life are so much softer and more beautiful in monochrome.
16. Favorite movie setting?
The French Riviera, To Catch a Thief.